Texas A&M College of Dentistry has limited parking facilities for the use of faculty, staff and students. These facilities include a garage and fenced lots with entrances from Nussbaumer Street and Gaston Avenue. Parking assignments are made by the security department. Other information in regard to parking can be found in the "Texas A&M College of Dentistry Parking and Traffic Regulations" booklet.
During the school year, parking in the garage is generally limited to D3 and D4 students and graduate students on a space-available basis. All other students will park in open lots on Nussbaumer Street or Gaston Avenue. If you park in one of the open lots and are planning to stay after hours, you must move your vehicle to the garage by 6:30 p.m. on weekdays. Vehicles should be moved to the lower two levels of the garage. The surface lots are not to be used on weekends, school holidays, or after 6:30 p.m. on weekdays.
Security: Ext. 8335
Crime is always a potential problem in hospital areas. Students frequently stay late at the dental school and are urged to take every precaution upon leaving the building. Students are encouraged to walk to the parking garage and open lots in groups at all times.
Security officers are available to walk you to your car. To contact a security officer for an escort or other assistance, go to the Hall Street entrance and if no officer is in the security office, use the wall phone outside of the office.
A security officer is on campus 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. A second security officer is available in the garage and parking areas from 7am-11pm, on weekdays only. A digital beeper is carried by a campus security officer at all times. Officers also carry cellular phones that are activated by relay from the garage and parking lot emergency phones and from emergency phones in the elevators. Please be aware of a delay caused with relays for both the cellular phone and the beeper.
Criminal incidents should be reported to the security staff as soon as possible. Campus crime statistics are posted in the basement locker room and at the security office window. A "SECURITY ALERT" is posted throughout the building on incidents of a serious nature as soon as possible where the knowledge may help to avert further incidents.
- Always walk in groups of two or more - especially at night.
- Lock your car and remove the keys. Lock all valuables in the trunk or leave them at home.
- Check underneath the car as you approach and look in the back seat to be certain no one is hiding there before unlocking the car door. Once inside, lock the doors.
- Carry only necessary cash.
- Walk confidently; have your keys ready as you approach your car door.
- Trust your instincts - if someone doesn't look right to you or makes you uneasy, get away fast! Immediately report them to campus security or police. Wear comfortable clothing for easy movement.
Students may enter the Hall Street door after hours by using an access card issued individually to all faculty, staff and students.