Information for Prospective Applicants
Purpose and Program Description
HOWDY! WELCOME TO TEXAS A&M GRADUATE PROSTHODONTICS!
WE BELIEVE it is an exciting time to be a dental professional! Advances in materials and technologies empower dentists like never before. Patients with complex needs have more treatment options than ever before, and we believe no other specialty can utilize these opportunities better than Prosthodontics!
We are the quarterback of the interdisciplinary treatment planning for any complex cases.
We are an architect who is able to design the big picture of the treatment and construct the restorations with esthetics and function for our patients.
"TEXAS" Vision for the Program
Residents interact with faculty and co-residents in a culture that facilitates learning and collaboration.
- Emphasis on healthy function and superior esthetics for patient treatment outcomes.
- Faculty of experienced prosthodontists assist residents developing into competent professionals.
- Residents employ cutting-edge technologies and materials for diagnosis, planning, and treatment.
- Produce a graduate who is competent and proficient in all aspects of prosthodontics.
- Produce a graduate who will have the foundation for critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Prepare the graduate for successful certification by the American Board of Prosthodontics.
- Prepare and motivate the graduate for a lifetime of scholarly pursuit and active involvement.
U.S. Department of Education regulations (Federal Register [75 FR 66665 and FR 66832], October 2010) require institutions that participate in the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (the HEA), to report certain information about students who enrolled in Title IV-eligible educational programs that lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation (GE Programs).
This data must include the name and U.S. Department of Labor’s Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code, graduation rate, tuition and fees, book and supply costs, job placement rate and median loan debt for each program. The data pertaining to the prosthodontics graduates’ program may be reviewed at https://financialaid.tamu.edu/consumer-protection/gainful-employment-disclosures/