The Dental Public Health Graduate Residency Program is for students who possess both a Dental and MPH degree. Dental Public Health is the science and art of oral health promotion and disease prevention to improve the total health of communities.
The Dental Public Health Residency program at Texas A&M University College of Dentistry in Dallas, TX is an innovative full time 12-month program designed to prepare dentists for dental public health practice, as well as the development, implementation and evaluation of effective community programs.
Our training program is tailored to meet each individual resident’s career goals but also includes acquisition of research skills, required didactic instruction, and field experiences including community-oriented inter-professional clinical care. Scholarly and travel opportunities may also be available. In addition, this program is designed to fulfill the residency requirements of the American Board of Dental Public Health (ABDPH).
Each resident is required to:
- Develop a residency training plan with their mentor based on prior education and experiences.
- Complete coursework and training in population health, health literacy, and practice transformation.
- Participate in field experiences designed to increase residents’ cultural sensitivity and understanding of minority groups.
- Complete at least one research or administrative project in accordance to ABDPH project report format.
- Take the written examination offered by the ABDPH prior to completing the residency.
Residents who successfully complete the program receive a Dental Public Health Residency Certificate. The College of Dentistry's Dental Public Health Residency Program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Degree: DDS or DMD or equivalent AND MPH or equivalent degree
- Exams: GRE, NDBE Parts I & II, TOEFL
- ADEA PASS Application (https://www.adea.org/PASSapp/applicants/)
- General Admission Requirements of the College Interview
For further information, contact:
Dr. Peggy Timothé, Program Director
Office (214) 828-8480