Michael L. Ellis, DDS
Clinical Associate Professor
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Texas A&M College of Dentistry
3302 Gaston Avenue
Dallas, TX 75246
Phone : 214-828-8104
Fax : 214-828-8382
Email : email@example.com
Education and Post-Graduate Training
- Baylor College of Dentistry Certificate 1997: Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Baylor College of Dentistry Certificate 1993: Prosthodontics
- Baylor College of Dentistry DDS 1985: General Dentistry
- Southern Methodist University BS 1980: Biology
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Diplomat: 1999, 2008
- Professional Appointments
- Associate Professor, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Surgery. Dallas, Texas, Nov 2013-June 2015
- Associate Professor, Texas A&M College of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Dallas Campus. College Station, TX, 2012-present.
- Associate Professor and Director of Residency Training, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas, Jan 2008-Oct 2012.
- Associate Professor, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas, Jan 2008-Oct 2012
- Chief, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 325th Combat Support Hospital, Al Asad Marine Corps Air Station, Iraq, Aug 2007-Dec 2007
- Program Director for Advanced Education in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2002-2005
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2002-2004.
- Assistant Chief, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, 2000-2002
- Assistant Director for Residency Training, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1997-2000
- Active Regular Staff/Assistant Program Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1997-2000
Dr. Michael Ellis, a retired Colonel who served 26 years in the U.S. Army and Army Reserve, is a dual-trained prosthodontist and oral and maxillofacial surgeon with extensive experience in both private practice and as an educator.
Dr. Ellis is board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as a diplomat and served ABOMS in roles of examiner for the oral qualifying examination and content expert for dental implants. He enjoys fellowship status in multiple international, national, and loco-regional organizations.
He served as program director in multiple advanced education programs in oral and maxillofacial surgery, including the Texas A&M College of Dentistry from 2008-2012, before joining a private practice in Maui. Dr. Ellis returned to Dallas in 2017 to be closer to his family and to his alma mater to teach the next generation of oral and maxillofacial surgeons.
- Havard D, Cheng YL, Ellis ML. Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Case of the Month. Tex Dent J; 2012;1212-13,1226-27.
- Spencer AC, Campbell PM, Dechow PC, Ellis ML, Buschang PH. How does the rate of dentoalveolar distraction affect the bone regenerate produced? Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop; 2011;140:e211-e221.
- Moore M, Campbell PM, Dechow PC, Ellis ML, Buschang PH. Effects of latency on the quality and quantity of bone produced by dentoalveolar distraction osteogenesis. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2011;140:470-478.
- Tricker ND, Malone KM, Ellis ML. Hereditary angiodema: a case report and literature review. General Dentistry 2002;50(6):540-543.
- Ellis ML. Longitudinal clinical effectiveness of osseointegrated dental implants: the Toronto study. Dental Study Club Journal of Continuing Education 1992;1(4):10-11.
- Haddad JI, Almony JS, Ellis ML, Hanson LJ. Osteochondroma of the mandibular condyle presenting as temporomandibular joint dysfunction: a case report. General Dentistry 2002; 50(2):2000.
- Ellis ML*, Harper RP, Schneiderman ED. Condylar stability in centric relation occlusion after orthognathic surgery. J Dent Res1996;75(SI):47, Abstr. No. 234.
- Ellis ML, Triplett RG. Emergent Control of Hemorrhage During a Sinus Lift-Embolization Considerations and Subsequent Reoperation. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants 2010-Abstract P188.
- Ellis ML. Cardiovascular and Respiratory Disease. In: Office Anesthesia Evaluation Manual, AAOMS 8th Edition, 2012, Part III Ch.1;13-20.
- Ellis ML, Schow SR, Triplett RG. Oral surgery. In: Urgent Care in the Dental Office. An Essential Handbook. Terezhalmy GT and Batizy LG, eds. Ch. 10. Carol Stream, Illinois, 1998, pp. 209-217.