Instructional Assistant Professor
Department of Biomedical Sciences
Dallas, TX 75246
Education and Post-Graduate Training
Ph.D., Biology; Baylor University, Waco, TX (2006)
M.S., Biology, Yaroslavl State University, Yaroslavl, Russia (1995)
Instructional Assistant Professor (2016 - present)
Instructor in Dental Hygiene; Evidence-based Dentistry (2016 - present)
Instructor in Gross Anatomy (2013 - present)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas (2013-2016)
Neuroscience Instructor, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas (2013-2015)
Neuroscience Instructor, College of Medicine Texas A&M University, Temple, TX. (2014-2015)
Adjunct Professor, Math and Science Division, Brookhaven College, Farmers Branch, TX. (2010-2013)
Coastal Ecologist, Texas Water Development Board, Bays and Estuaries Team, Austin, TX (2007-2009)
- Kramer P, Stinson C, Umorin M, Deng M, Mahesh R, Bellinger L, Yee MB, Kinchington PR. Lateral thalamic control of zoster associated facial hypersensitivity. European Journal of Neuroscience; submitted for review.
- Umorin M, Kramer PR, Bellinger LL. Distance-based permutation of inter-meal differences as a sensitive test of temporomandibular joint nociception in rats. Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research. Accepted for publication (2016)
- Umorin M, Johnson C, Bellinger LL, Kramer P. Genes in the GABA pathway increase in the lateral thalamus of Sprague Dawley rats during the proestrus/estrus phase. Journal of Cellular Physiology. First published online: 30 Sept 2015. DOI: 10.1002/jcp.25198.
- Kramer P, Umorin M, Bellinger L . Attenuation of myogenic orofacial nociception and mechanical hypersensitivity by viral mediated enkephalin overproduction in male and female rats. BMC Neurology 15:34-46, 2015.
- Umorin M, Lind O. Cell volume distribution dynamics of Chlorella vulgaris Beij. in batch cultures under continuous light. Biotechnology Letters 27(5): 347-354, 2005.
- Umorin M, Lind O. Phytoplankton growth models: A hierarchical critique. Arch. Hydrobiol. Suppl. 151(3) (Monogr. Stud): 191-242, 2005.